Monday 23 December 2013

Earworm



Christmas Eve, Andy lay in bed and promised himself he’d never again work in a shop over Christmas again, it seemed like such a good idea back in October, some useful cash to help him through Uni. But now after two months on the shop floor he realized it had been a horrible mistake. Okay the money was useful but it didn’t make up for the long hours, the miserable, rude customers, the aching feet and this bloody earworm that was trapped in his mind. Two months of nonstop Christmas songs had taken its toll. He shut his eyes to try to sleep but the internal song started again.

When the snowman brings the snow, well he just might like to know that all I want for Christmas is a very shiny nose and if you ever saw it you might even say you gave it away the very next day. And sleigh bells ring are you listening, in the lane snow is falling all me around children playing having fun, while I'm dreaming of a mummy kissing Santa Claus underneath the chestnuts roasting on an open fire. So have yourself a merry little Donkey



He thumped the pillow, would he ever be able to get this song out of his mind?

5 comments:

  1. Well, that rendition of it will give me Christmas nightmares for the rest of the season... :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that version of it will give me Christmas nightmares for the rest of the season... :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you’re lucky I didn’t play my Ukulele along with it :-)

      Delete
  3. Britain's got a talent:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Sir!. When I got home another earworn in my head.. It sounds more like a Bony Tyler song 'I need a hero' than a Xmas one while I'm those chesnuts hot hot
    on fire :P

    ReplyDelete